Comet Ant Analyzer
Commercial Grade SWR/Impedance Analyzer
Range: 1.8 – 500MHz (including 222MHz band)
Check antenna installations in seconds
Determine SWR andÂ resonance of an antenna instantly
Quickly scan the desired frequency range in seconds allowing SWR adjustments quickly and easily. Both SWR and impedance measurements are provided simultaneously. Precision analog meter provides SWR/impedance changes in real time.
- Highly sensitive, high-precision meter for measurement accuracy in seven frequency ranges covering 1.8-500MHz
- Impedance measurements: 12.5-300 ohms
- Digital readout accurate to 1kHz
- Low battery warning: Decimal point will blink
- Operates up to 14 hours from six AA cells (not included) or from an externalÂ 8-12VDC 200ma power source (DC cable included)
- VSWR Range: 1:1 to infinity
- Size: 3.3 x 6.9 x 2.5 inches (80x170x60mm)
- Weight: 28 oz (800g)
- Available from all major Ham Radio Dealers in the US.
Some have questioned why the CAA-500 does not measure reactance, but only displays overall impedance…..?
Reactance is not required to make antenna adjustments.A frequency sweep of the SWR will tell the user whether the antenna driven element being tested is too long or too short.
The CAA-500 provides the most usable information in a concise and accurate manner, and is perfect for the typical amateur radio operator.
Specifications subject to change without notice
Padded nylon soft case protects the CAA-500 SWR/Impedance analyzer from damage.
- 1/4 foam padding
- Nylon Tricot fabric resists tearing
- Front protective flap held in place with Velcro
- Shoulder strap and belt loop included
The CAA-500 is a sensitive test instrument, the CAA-5SC protects the case and meter lens from damage caused by accidents or everyday wear and tear.